The Town of Jupiter Island is situated on a barrier island on the south end of Martin County. The Town consists of approximately 1,643 acres of land bound on the east by nine miles of ocean frontage and on the west by the Intracoastal Waterway. The Town’s permanent population is 820 with a seasonal population of approximately 2,000.
The Town was established by the Florida Legislature in 1953. The climate and environmental resources of Jupiter Island have contributed to the development of a high-quality, low-density residential community that seeks to preserve natural resources to the maximum extent possible. The primary land uses in the Town are single-family residential development in secluded estates and homes and conservation/preservation. The few commercial land uses within the Town exist primarily to serve residents. The remaining vacant land is designated for single-family residential, recreational and conservation uses.